Subject: Re: bug#25132: 26.0.50; emacs hangs when loading org file with python source blocks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 11:05:54 -0500

tags 25132 fixed
close 25132 25.2
quit

[email-masked] writes:

> Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> So, personally, I'd try to fix the particular instance
>> first. Switching buffers inside with-silent-modifications is not a
>> very common usage, I think.
>>
>> Maybe org-src should itself let-bind the aforementioned variable(s)
>> where it visits other buffers.
>
> Yeah, that works, and is my proposal for emacs-25, but I'm still leaning
> towards solving this more broadly in with-silent-modifications, probably
> also add a mention about this to the inhibit-modification-hooks
> docstring.

I changed my mind.  Bug#25561 reminded me about the "Making <var> local
to <buffer> while let-bound!" message.  My change to
`with-silent-modifications' would trigger that on any nested invocations
of `with-silent-modifications' which seems more likely to happen than
switching buffers.

I've pushed the simpler let-bind in org-src solution [1: ae8264c] to
emacs-25.

1: 2017-01-29 11:01:32 -0500 ae8264c5cccf19d5b25a340a605bf2f07de1577e
  Call modification hooks in org-src fontify buffers