Subject: Re: bug#25126: 26.0.50; Gnus reacts poorly to email flags being changed behind its back

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 17:15:42 -0700

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The example in the OP is about nnmaildir.
>>
>> I don't think the details are relevant, but it happens to be being
>> synced from imap by an external process. For example, a maildir file
>> might change name from "stuff:2,S" to "stuff:2,RS" if you reply to the
>> message via an imap client. Or it could have been moved to a different
>> folder, or deleted altogether. It's not obvious to me what Gnus could do
>> in this situation.
>
> Ah, thanks for the explanation.
>
>> I imagine you could reproduce it by visiting a Maildir with Gnus, then
>> renaming one of the files externally.
>
> I don't have any maildir dirs, which probably explains why all the
> nnmaildir bug reports are languishing.  Could you pack up a simple one
> and mail it to me as a tar file?

I won't keep on with this, but the gnus-mock package in ELPA will give
you a clean, reproducible Gnus installation with a maildir server that
you can use for testing. I promise I'll shut up about it after this :)