Subject: bug#25113: closed (Re: bug#25113: 25.1.90; Stale menu items after switching to a different major mode (or visiting a buffer))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 09:56:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25113: 25.1.90; Stale menu items after switching to a different major mode (or visiting a buffer)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25113: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25113
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25113: 25.1.90; Stale menu items after switching to a different major mode (or visiting a buffer)
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>, Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 12:54:51 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 12.08.2020 03:25, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> I can't reproduce this bug here, using:
> 
> GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 6, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20,
> cairo version 1.16.0) of 2020-08-11
> 
> Are you still seeing this?

Nope. Same GTK+ version as yours, don't see it either anymore.

It might still be present with the version I was using 4 years ago, but 
if fixing it wasn't a priority back then, it certainly isn't now.

Let's close this.

Subject: 25.1.90; Stale menu items after switching to a different major mode (or visiting a buffer)
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 00:45:52 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. Start 'emacs -Q', and

- In *scratch*, M-x ruby-mode (or python-mode, or probably many others)

OR

- C-x C-f, visit a Ruby file (or, again, probably any other file)

2. See the "Lisp Interaction" menu disappear, and "Ruby" manu appear.

However, the contents of that menu are exactly the same as what was in
"Lisp Interaction".

If I toggle menu-bar-mode off and on, the menu obtains the correct
contents.

I'm also seeing a problem the menu added by a minor mode which appears
blank at first (which is fixed the same way), but let's tackle the more
obvious problem first.

Looking at older versions, the problem is present as far back as 24.3
(with python-mode; ruby-mode didn't have a menu then).

So this is probably caused by a library change, like the GTK version I
have installed.

***

In GNU Emacs 25.1.90.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
  of 2016-12-04 built on zappa
Repository revision: a3487a8121e408ee07fe019270b3bdeaac0ee960
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11