Subject: bug#25113: 25.1.90; Stale menu items after switching to a different major mode (or visiting a buffer)

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 18:13:36 +0200

On 05.12.2016 17:41, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Not reproducible on my system.

That's too bad. As described menus are pretty broken on my machine. And 
I'm still on an LTS distribution (Ubuntu 16.04), which must have a lot 
of users.

>> So this is probably caused by a library change, like the GTK version I
>> have installed.
>
> Most probably.  Can you tell which updates did you do lately?

None, really. But then again, I have menu-bar-mode turned off most of 
the time.

I've just tried this when working on a feature request to add a menu to 
inf-ruby-mode (third party package).

> When you turn on python-mode or ruby-mode, and click on the
> problematic menu item ("Ruby" etc.) on the menu bar, do you see
> x-menu-bar-open-internal called?

According to 'M-x debug-on-entry', I don't. Should I check that with GDB 
as well?