Subject: bug#25105: 26.0.50; diff navigation is broken

From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 17:20:47 -0800

Tino Calancha <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I am guessing this is a consequence of bug#17544. From -Q:
>>
>> 1. Do C-x v d RET = in a repository with a bunch of worktree changes
>> 2. Hit n. Point is now at the top of the SECOND hunk
>> 3. Go to end of buffer.
>> 4. Hit p. Point is now at the top of the PENULTIMATE hunk
> FWIW, to me this behaviour is very annoying and it has being
> around already a while without a fix (4 months).
> I would propose to revert the commit causing this misbehaviour.
> Then, once the patch is mature enough, it can be pushed again without
> affecting users.

Hi.

This isn't a misbehavior, it's the whole point of the patch. We can
argue about whether it's an improvement or not, but if this is a "bug",
then the solution is a full revert.

The behavior I want is to always have a consistent idea of which hunk we
are currently on. In the recipe above, between steps 1 and 2 the point
is at bob. Both before and after the patch, the codes agree that we are
on the hunk 1. When you press 'n', I thus argue you should end up at
hunk 2. Similary, when you press C-c C-a; it should apply the first
hunk, and move to the second. And so on. What would you like?