Subject: bug#25400: closed (Re: bug#25400: bug#25105: bug#25400: M-p in diff-mode jumps too far)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 03:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25105: M-p in diff-mode jumps too far

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25105: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25105
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25400: bug#25105: bug#25400: M-p in diff-mode jumps too far
From: Tino Calancha <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 12:02:34 +0900 (JST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017, Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> On 13.01.2017 06:55, Tino Calancha wrote:
>
>> I have pushed those changes into following new branch:
>> scratch/calancha-revert-2c8a7e5
>
> I've tried it out (but not the changes discussed in this thread later), and 
> the behavior is much better. Thanks!
>
> Please apply it to master sooner rather than later.
Pushed the fix to master branch as commits:
1508b538fd8f8c2e00aadcea42ac36013fad02e3
e5e42cefd7f2eb47d2c8660a7a317e8b08d36a82

Subject: M-p in diff-mode jumps too far
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2017 16:21:16 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: Emacs
Version: 26.0.50

In a buffer with more than one hunk, if I'm in the middle of hunk number
N, diff-hunk-prev (usually bound to M-p) jumps to the header of hunk
number N-1 rather than to the header of hunk N.

This is contrary to the usual behavior of Emacs's navigation commands.

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.31)
 of 2017-01-06 built on ceviche
Repository revision: 074618e4af08e8d818c471f90c6de9b895980e05
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11802000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Recent messages:
~/src/elisp/tuareg-mode/tuareg.el and /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/tuareg/tuareg.el are the same file
Hunk applied
Saving file /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/tuareg/tuareg.el...
Wrote /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/tuareg/tuareg.el
Invalid face reference: change-log-date-face [4 times]
Warning: turn-on-eldoc-mode is obsolete!
Warning: hide-sublevels is obsolete!
Invalid face reference: change-log-date-face [2 times]
Finding changes in /home/monnier/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/textmodes/rst.el...done
Invalid face reference: change-log-date-face [24 times]

Configured using:
 'configure -C --enable-checking --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 'CFLAGS=-Wall -g3 -Og -Wno-pointer-sign'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/monnier/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: InactiveMinibuffer

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  global-compact-docstrings-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/svg/svg hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/svg
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-xref hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-xref
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-mode hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-mode
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-stmt hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-stmt
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-prj hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-prj
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/landmark/landmark hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/obsolete/landmark
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/crisp/crisp hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/obsolete/crisp

Features:
(sort mail-extr emacsbug whitespace epa-file log-edit message sendmail
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils mailheader ffap vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir all hippie-exp ocamldebug
derived caml tuareg_indent tuareg caml-help caml-types caml-emacs
completion hibtypes hsys-www browse-url klink hib-kbd hib-debbugs
hib-social hsys-org org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs hactypes hmail hargs hypb locate hbut
hact hpath hui-select hvar set hhist hbdata htz cal-julian cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs hbmap hmoccur hversion hload-path rect dabbrev
grep compile smerge-mode add-log log-view pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher map
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe help-fns radix-tree xscheme
warnings unsafep trace testcover shadow scheme re-builder profiler
inf-lisp ielm gmm-utils ert pp find-func ewoc debug elp edebug cl-indent
misearch multi-isearch css-mode smie autorevert filenotify doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired dired-loaddefs executable copyright files-x
tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
ucs-normalize shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time
format-spec html5-schema cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit vc-git
diff-mode filecache rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode subr-x dom nxml-util
nxml-enc xmltok server time-date noutline outline easy-mmode flyspell
ispell checkdoc thingatpt load-dir elec-pair reveal autoinsert
proof-site proof-autoloads cl pg-vars savehist minibuf-eldef disp-table
compact-docstrings kotl-loaddefs advice info realgud-recursive-autoloads
finder-inf url-auth package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode
easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib bbdb-autoloads mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 616108 100562)
 (symbols 24 37145 0) (miscs 20 6978 1294) (strings 16 104997 17664)
 (string-bytes 1 2882737)
 (vectors 8 85773) (vector-slots 4 2368868 93788) (floats 8 1285 1070)
 (intervals 28 18695 3557)
 (buffers 520 64))