Subject: bug#25102: closed (Re: bug#25102: 26.0.50; *Help* buffer turns single-quote into goofy useless Unicode thing)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 02:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25102: 26.0.50; *Help* buffer turns single-quote into goofy useless Unicode thing

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25102: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25102
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25102: 26.0.50; *Help* buffer turns single-quote into goofy useless Unicode thing
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 21:15:33 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 26.1

Fixed in c387127

Subject: 26.0.50; *Help* buffer turns single-quote into goofy useless Unicode thing
From: Eric Hanchrow <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 21:05:07 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

  $ emacs -Q
  M-x load-library RET subr-x RET
  C-h f read-multiple-choice RET
  C-x o
  M->
  C-x e

I see Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable ’)

I was expecting the example code to execute so I could learn about the new
function read-multiple-choice.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.1.0, NS appkit-1504.60
Version 10.12.1 (Build 16B2555))
 of 2016-12-03 built on Eric-Hanchrows-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: a486fabb41cdbaa5813c2687fd4008945297d71d
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Recent messages:
Char: ’ (8217, #o20031, #x2019, file ...) point=213 of 307 (69%) column=22
Continue connecting? (always, session only, no, ?):
(115 "session only")
next-line: End of buffer
Continue connecting? (always, session only, no, ?):
(115 "session only" "wassup homies")
Mark set
uncompressing subr-x.el.gz...done
read-multiple-choice
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  projectile-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/erichanchrow/.emacs.d/elpa/shorten-20150306.517/shorten hides
/Users/erichanchrow/.emacs.d/elpa/tracking-20151129.319/shorten
/Users/erichanchrow/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-2.19/seq hides
/Users/erichanchrow/git-repositories/3rd-party/emacs-master/nextstep/Emacs-master.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug jka-compr descr-text eieio-opt speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe misearch multi-isearch view projectile
auto-complete popup cider-debug cider-scratch cider-mode cider-browse-ns
cider-inspector cider-interaction arc-mode archive-mode cider-repl
cider-resolve cider-eldoc cider-test cider-overlays cider-stacktrace
apropos cider-doc org-table org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
cider-grimoire cider-client nrepl-client queue spinner cider-popup
cider-common cider-util clojure-mode nrepl-dict cider-compat gh-users
gh-pulls gh-issues gh-repos gh-comments gh-gist gh-oauth gh-api logito
gh-cache pcache gh-auth gh-url timezone eieio-base find-file inf-haskell
haskell-decl-scan haskell haskell-completions haskell-load
haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules haskell-sandbox
haskell-repl haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-collapse haskell-navigate-imports
haskell-compile haskell-process haskell-session haskell-hoogle
haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-font-lock
haskell-indentation haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme
haskell-align-imports haskell-compat haskell-complete-module
haskell-ghc-support noutline outline dabbrev haskell-customize
ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util ediff magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core magit-autorevert magit-process
magit-mode magit-popup magit-git crm magit-section magit-utils
git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp
skeleton faceup racket-unicode-input-method quail racket-mode
racket-bug-report racket-collection racket-profile racket-imenu
racket-edit imenu hideshow racket-complete racket-repl racket-common
racket-indent racket-font-lock racket-keywords-and-builtins tq
racket-util racket-custom sh-script smie executable conf-mode align term
disp-table ehelp esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg
esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util server smtpmail sendmail
dired-aux async tempo ispell company-dabbrev company-template delsel
ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt color ert ewoc debug warnings autoload
lisp-mnt tar-mode mm-archive message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
network-stream starttls url-http tls gnutls mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw
nsm url-cache url-auth savehist elisp-slime-nav bookmark edit-list pp
yasnippet highlight-indentation flymake company help-fns radix-tree elpy
pyvenv elpy-refactor python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver shell pcomplete advice files-x etags xref project cus-edit
cus-start cus-load browse-kill-ring eww puny mm-url gnus nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
mm-util mail-prsvr url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap shr svg
xml dom subr-x browse-url format-spec ag vc-svn find-dired ws-butler wat
derived autorevert filenotify hl-line recentf tree-widget wid-edit ido
vc-git diff-mode ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs ibuf-macs dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs grep compile comint ansi-color ring find-func
face-remap cl edmacro kmacro use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode
finder-inf gh-common gh-profile s marshal eieio-compat ht json map dash
go-mode-autoloads info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib rx time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1485465 71333)
 (symbols 48 80135 3)
 (miscs 40 246 1645)
 (strings 32 279738 3695)
 (string-bytes 1 6897038)
 (vectors 16 98672)
 (vector-slots 8 2265152 46582)
 (floats 8 1199 849)
 (intervals 56 120233 163)
 (buffers 976 36))