Subject: bug#25099: fill-paragraph racial discrimination space zapping

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 22:47:51 -0500

retitle 25099 fill-paragraph doesn't put spaces between joined lines of Chinese characters
tags 25099 notabug
quit

Hong Xu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Dan, I think there is actually no issue in your example.  The doc of
> fill-paragraph says:
>
>    Fill paragraph at or after point.
>
> That means, the text under point is assumed to be a paragraph. In your
> Chinese example, it is actually not a paragraph -- and the effect of
> fill-paragraph is exactly correct if treating the text as a paragraph.
> The English example just happened to be correct -- the effect would be
> the same for paragraphs.

Not a bug then?  (I don't know Chinese, so I can't determine this
myself, therefore just marking it without closing for now).

PS Dan, please don't use such charged language (like "racial
discrimination") in bug reports, it's kind of irritating (especially
since it's not very descriptive in this case).