Subject: bug#25096: shr: Add a customizable face for links after being clicked

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 22:44:36 +0100

Hong Xu <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 01/24/2017 12:27 PM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>> Hong Xu <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>>> It is often confusing that after clicking on a link to visit it in an
>>> external browser, you are not really sure whether it has been really
>>> clicked. Browsers such as Firefox use a dashed box to indicate that. It
>>> would be nice if shr also supports this feature.
>> 
>> Yes, perhaps.  But doesn't the external browser pop up immediately?
>> Does this have to be reflected visually in Emacs?
>
> If you have firefox in a different workspace, you may not be aware that
> a new tab has been opened there.

True...  how would you like the marking to be done?  A stippled box
around the link is possible in Emacs, I think.  It might move the text
slightly, though (one pixel down, to be precise), so it might be
disturbing.

Hm...  Altering the colour instead, perhaps?  And should this marking
disappear after a while?  I think that might make sense.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no