Subject: Add comments to archive keys and acls

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 18:38:12 +0100

Hi,

the keys for authenticating an archive currently do not hold any
comment. This makes it hard to track acls and remove certain keys if
required.

Please implement some way to add and change the comment on keys in
/etc/guix/ and in /etc/guix/acl.

Proposed usage when generating the key:
  guix archive --generate-key=… --comment "store.example.com"

Proposed usage when importing the key and overwriting any existing comment

  guix archive --authorize --comment "store.example.com"

For now, since we have no commands for key management, these would be
enough IMO. Existing commenty an easily be changed in the file, so for
now we do not need a tool for this.

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |