Subject: bug#25083: 26.0.50; poor interaction between flymake and desktop-save-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 21:41:17 +0200

> From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 14:13:20 -0500
> 
> When I start Emacs after editing a bunch of Python files,
> desktop-save-mode restores them and flymake starts syntax checking
> processes in each of them.
> 
> However, there is a snag: python virtual environments.
> Basically, each python projects uses a separate virtual environments
> which includes its own python packages, and, moreover, its own python
> and pylint executables(!)
> 
> This means that flymake fails to find the epylint executable and
> displays a GUI popup(!) for each(!) python file that I edited in the
> previous session.  Note that this failure should _not_ be fatal (see PS
> below).

Isn't there some variable(s) which you could instruct desktop.el to
save, in order to avoid these problems?  IOW, why doesn't desktop
restore whatever setup you had before shutting down Emacs, which
avoided the prompts at that time?