Subject: bug#25065: 25.1; window operations not working

From: [email-masked] (Bryan M. Kramer)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 14:44:13 -0500

Using cygwin-x as the X server. Functions like raise-frame and
make-frame-visible do not work at all (noop).

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.1)
 of 2016-10-12 built on buildvm-18.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.11804000
Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -m64 -mtune=generic' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Javascript-IDE

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tern-mode: t
  cursor-sensor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Sending via mail...
Saving file /home/bryan/.emacs...
Wrote /home/bryan/.emacs [2 times]
Saving file /home/bryan/.emacs...
Wrote /home/bryan/.emacs [2 times]
Sending email 
Sending email done
Sending...done
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(mailalias smtpmail qp cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit shadow sort
mail-extr emacsbug message idna format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epg
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
mail-utils network-stream nsm starttls misearch multi-isearch php-mode
cc-langs speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe ediff-merg ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff pp vc-git
diff-mode tern easy-mmode url-http tls gnutls url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars mailcap cursor-sensor js2-mode etags xref cl-seq
project eieio eieio-core cl-macs ring js advice sgml-mode json map
thingatpt cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs imenu dired server edmacro kmacro timesheet
srgrep more-hacks paren delsel finder-inf package epg-config seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 501667 78513)
 (symbols 48 36645 1)
 (miscs 40 316 899)
 (strings 32 123728 15865)
 (string-bytes 1 5257655)
 (vectors 16 53575)
 (vector-slots 8 1262991 253029)
 (floats 8 528 355)
 (intervals 56 27505 421)
 (buffers 976 45))