Subject: bug#25062: 24.5; Frame title (with "%b" format) changes when going to minibuffer

From: Jonathan Marten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 09:22:21 +0000

On Tuesday 29 November 2016 19:37:52 Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I actually use this feature all the time: it helps me to find the
> frame which is waiting for some input.  So I don't think we should
> change that.
> 
> Can't you achieve what you want by using some 'eval' form in
> frame-title-format?

Thanks for the comments; if this is intentional behaviour then everything is 
working correctly.  I didn't like this happening myself and so looked for a 
way to customise it, and couldn't find one at the Lisp level - but then most 
of my elisp experience has been with XEmacs which didn't support eval forms 
within f-t-f.  Following your suggestion, though, I've found a way that works 
and doesn't need any Emacs changes.

> > Applying the following patch corrects this.  If the selected window is a
> > minibuffer window, it evaluates the format string in the buffer of the
> > minibuffer-selected-window instead of the buffer of the minibuffer.  With
> > this patch, the frame title stays the same as before when being prompted
> > in the minibuffer.
> 
> Sorry, I don't think it's right to change that for everyone.

Since there is a way around it, I'll agree.

> Thanks.

-- 
Jonathan Marten                         http://www.keelhaul.me.uk
Twickenham, UK                          [email-masked]