Subject: bug#25056: 25.1; alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/ not available over HTTPS although alpha.gnu.org has HSTS enabled

From: Zhiming Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 22:40:20 -0500

alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/ is available over HTTP but not HTTPS
(404). Furthermore, alpha.gnu.org has HSTS enabled:

    $ wget -qS --spider https://alpha.gnu.org
      HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 03:35:01 GMT
      Server: Apache/2.4.7 (Trisquel_GNU/Linux)
      Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=63072000
      Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
      Connection: Keep-Alive
      Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8

which makes it hard to download pretest releases with user agents that
enforce HSTS (e.g. recent versions of Wget without --no-hsts).

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.0.0, NS appkit-1504.00 Version 10.12 (Build 16A323))
of 2016-10-09 built on mid-2015-rMBP-15.local
Configured using:
'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/25.1/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/25.1 --without-x --with-xml2
--with-dbus --with-gnutls --with-imagemagick --with-rsvg --with-ns
--disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/zmwang/.emacs.d/custom-tty.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Turning on magit-auto-revert-mode...done
funcall-interactively: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
/Users/zmwang/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20160510.1140/cmake-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake/cmake-mode
/Users/zmwang/.emacs.d/lisp/misc hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/25.1/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/misc
/Users/zmwang/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-2.16/seq hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/25.1/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr web-beautify emacsbug sendmail magit-blame
magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit epa magit-sequence
magit esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups
eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util dired-x magit-apply magit-wip
magit-log magit-diff derived smerge-mode diff-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process magit-popup
magit-mode magit-git crm magit-section magit-utils git-commit log-edit
message idna dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async
tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs
trampver shell pcomplete format-spec server pasteboard term/xterm xterm
hideshow flycheck json map find-func rx subr-x dash advice flymake
compile comint ansi-color ring auto-complete popup skeleton autoinsert
misc ido time-date cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs edmacro kmacro color use-package
cl-macs cl diminish bind-key easy-mmode finder-inf tex-site
go-mode-autoloads info package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind kqueue cocoa
ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 447197 29102)
(symbols 48 36852 0)
(miscs 40 42 223)
(strings 32 72908 8095)
(string-bytes 1 2336429)
(vectors 16 51032)
(vector-slots 8 840068 3839)
(floats 8 468 270)
(intervals 56 257 0)
(buffers 976 17))