Subject: Re: bug#25054: 25.1; bury-buffer makes bad choice of next buffer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 17:35:03 +0100

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Can you suggest a way?
>
> Yes.  We have two functions: ‘set-window-prev-buffers’ and
> ‘set-window-next-buffers’.  Whenever you bury a buffer and an option
> whose name you have to invent is non-nil, use these functions to remove
> the buried buffer from these lists.  Either for all windows or for the
> selected window only - depending on whether you want to reserve two or
> three values for the option.

Skimming this thread, it seems like Emacs is working as designed, and
has the required options to allow customising the actions according to
how the user wants them to work, so I'm closing this bug report.  (If I
misunderstood and there's something that should be fixed here, please
respond to the debbugs address and we'll reopen.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no