Subject: bug#25035: scribus: No module named _sysconfigdata_nd

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 09:13:16 +0100

Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]> writes:

> # Steps to reproduce
>
> Simply try running Scribus. It closes immediatelly.

I cannot reproduce this.  I just upgraded Scribus; I’m using
/gnu/store/5h44li2ansg4mb5kqck44wdzkka3isih-scribus-1.5.2/bin/scribus

> # Notes
>
> * I have attached the raw output of `strace scribus`.
> * It seems that, from the strace, one sees that something (Scribus?)
>   attempts to use things from the host's root ("/"), not from the
>   derivative's root ("$out/"), although, if comparing the existance of
>   some files between the two path trees, some of them don't exist in
>   the derivative's path tree (e.g.: No "$out/lib/python2.7/site.py", or
>   no "$profile/lib/python2.7/site.py", in the case of the current user's
>   ".guix-profile"  directory).

Are you running Scribus on GuixSD or on a foreign distro?  The strace
shows that your Scribus opens /usr/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py, which
doesn’t exist on GuixSD.  Mixing Python from Guix with a system Python
installation is bound to lead to problems.

What is your PYTHONPATH variable set to?

-- 
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
http://elephly.net