Subject: bug#25035: closed (Re: bug#25035: scribus: No module named _sysconfigdata_nd)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 14:42:03 +0000

Your bug report

#25035: scribus: No module named _sysconfigdata_nd

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25035: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25035
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25035: scribus: No module named _sysconfigdata_nd
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 15:41:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Just a note that this was fix a couple of weeks ago in commit
aa6ae8d3243ce80d6c427e243c4fa961c3bf8388.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: scribus: No module named _sysconfigdata_nd
From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 09:18:30 -0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

# Steps to reproduce

Simply try running Scribus. It closes immediatelly.

# Notes

* I have attached the raw output of `strace scribus`.
* It seems that, from the strace, one sees that something (Scribus?)
  attempts to use things from the host's root ("/"), not from the
  derivative's root ("$out/"), although, if comparing the existance of
  some files between the two path trees, some of them don't exist in
  the derivative's path tree (e.g.: No "$out/lib/python2.7/site.py", or
  no "$profile/lib/python2.7/site.py", in the case of the current user's
  ".guix-profile"  directory).

Respectfully, Adonay.