Subject: Re: bug#25035: scribus: No module named _sysconfigdata_nd

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 16:05:07 -0300

This bug still exists if one installs Scribus through Guix in a foreign
system distribution. Even though I still have both LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
PYTHONPATH variables unset and I don't have Python installed through
Guix.

However, today I decided to test with:

$ guix environment --ad-hoc scribus [email-masked] bash -- bash

And after the environment was set, I did:

$ echo $PATH
/gnu/store/1cvfwh7qj6c2vgkbancql9phrm64dh9d-profile/bin:/home/adfeno/.guix-profile/bin:/home/adfeno/.guix-profile/sbin:/home/adfeno/.guix-profile/bin:/home/adfeno/.guix-profile/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games
$ echo $PYTHONPATH
/gnu/store/1cvfwh7qj6c2vgkbancql9phrm64dh9d-profile/lib/python2.7/site-packages
$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

$ scribus

And then Scribus lauched (although with errors about missing images
which I'll ignore for this bug).

One way out of this bug would be to investigate/fix the hardcoded paths
that Scribus might have according to what ludo said
([[http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2016-11/msg00077.html]]).

Other possibility is to test moving the Python dependency from the
package's inputs to native-inputs or propagated-inputs. But this is just
an idea from a non-developer (me), so I don't know if this is really the
cause of the problem.

-- 
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
  gratis).
- "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre, por isso não uso. Iguais a ele prefiro
  GNU Ring, ou Tox. Quer outras formas de contato? Adicione o vCard
  que está no endereço acima aos teus contatos.
- Pretende me enviar arquivos .doc, .ppt, .cdr, ou .mp3? OK, eu
  aceito, mas não repasso. Entrego apenas em formatos favoráveis ao
  /software/ livre. Favor entrar em contato em caso de dúvida.