Subject: bug#25034: red-eclipse: "data" directory in "$out/", not in "$out/share"

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 17:07:36 -0300

It turns out that I couldn't figure out how to do so.

So far I have tried:

- Attempt 1

  - Add the output path as "prefix" variable to #:make-flags.

    But I don't think this will work because $(prefix) seems hard-coded
    in "src/system-install.mk".

- Attempt 2

  - Change "copy-paths" phase to:

    - Make "$out/share/redeclipse" directory.

    - Copy "data" to "$out/share/redeclipse/data".

    - Make "$out/lib/redeclipse" directory.

    - Make symbolic link from "$out/share/redeclipse/data" to
      "$out/lib/redeclipse/data".

  - Add "set-prefix-path" phase after "unpack" phase. With outputs as
    key:

    - Inside "src/system-install.mk", substitute:

      - Line begining with "prefix=", with "prefix=$out". The regular
        expression used for this was "(^prefix=)[^\r\n]*", this makes
        sure that the "prefix=" assignment is in it's own line.

In any attempt, Red Eclipse still complains that no "data" was found,
although it always builds successfully.

Any ideas? :)

-- 
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
  gratis).
- "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre. Por favor, use o GNU Ring ou o Tox.
- Contato: [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#vCard]]
- Arquivos comuns aceitos (apenas sem DRM): Corel Draw, Microsoft
  Office, MP3, MP4, WMA, WMV.
- Arquivos comuns aceitos e enviados: CSV, GNU Dia, GNU Emacs Org, GNU
  GIMP, Inkscape SVG, JPG, LibreOffice (padrão ODF), OGG, OPUS, PDF
  (apenas sem DRM), PNG, TXT, WEBM.