Subject: bug#25025: python-shell-calculate-command is wrong

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 15:27:24 -0400

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I see, thanks.  So I guess all it (maybe) tests is that
> python-shell-interpreter and what executable-find returns are
> identical?  Is that something that could somehow fail and would be
> useful to verify?

No, python-shell-interpreter is by default just "python", not an
absolute filename, so it shouldn't match with executable-find. The
test is let-binding python-shell-interpreter anyway:

    (defvar python-tests-shell-interpreter "python")
    ...
    (ert-deftest python-shell-calculate-command-1 ()
      ...
      (skip-unless (executable-find python-tests-shell-interpreter))
      (let ((python-shell-interpreter (executable-find
                                       python-tests-shell-interpreter))
         ...

>  If not, I agree to removing the test.

Okay, I'll push in a few days.