Subject: bug#25022: 25.1.50; Different highlighting for different citation level in message-mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 01:30:49 +0200

Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]> writes:

> (setq mail-user-agent 'gnus-user-agent)
> (compose-mail)
>
> However, I saw that `gnus-message-citation-mode' does not run.
> I realized it is because `compose-mail' runs `gnus-msg-mail' that
> calls `message-mail' directly if Gnus is not running then.  It
> doesn't differ from the case `mail-user-agent' is the default.
> I vaguely think this is the key to improve it.  Anyway, I believe
> improving `message-mode' so as to run `gnus-message-citation-mode'
> is worthwhile especially for the case where Gnus is not running.

Yes, we should refactor the gnus-cite code, perhaps, to be able to be
used in Message when Gnus isn't running.

Hm...

OK, I had a look at it, and it does seem possible, but it would take
extensive untangling.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no