Subject: Re: bug#25022: 25.1.50; Different highlighting for different citation level in message-mode

From: Hong Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 12:04:09 -0800

On 2016-12-06 Tue 07:31 GMT-0800, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> From: Hong Xu <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 01:17:35 -0800
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> I see the reason: gnus-message-citation-mode should see whether the
>> current major mode is derived from message-mode, rather than equal. I'll
>> probably find another fix later.
>
> If you change the condition to be true for any mode derived from
> message-mode, then all of them will inherit this feature.  Are we sure
> those other modes all want that?  For example, gnus-art.el defines one
> such mode; up until now, that mode didn't use this feature, maybe that
> was for a good reason?

I don't think it's a big problem -- the minor mode isn't automatically
enabled anyway. If someone derives message-mode to a mode that isn't
compatible with gnus-message-citation-mode, she can just disable the
minor mode.