Subject: Non-interactively extending a GPT disklabel to cover all disk

From: Yann Dirson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 15:45:57 +0100

If we build a GPT image for flashing on arbitrary disks, chances are there
is space left after
that second partition-table, placed at end of image.

When launching parted interactively, we get asked "Not all of the space
available to ... appears to be used" and asked "Fix/Ignore?".

The code does not look like the job done on "fix" is available from any
other mean, whether lib or parted command. And the exception system does
not look like it will work with no tty attached, so
just using "echo fix | parted /dev/whatever print" will just not workaround
this.

Did I miss something ?

What would be the preferred approach ?  What about adding a flag to
auto-fix this ?

Best regards,
-- 
Yann Dirson <[email-masked]>
Blade -- 90 avenue des Ternes, 75017 Paris