Subject: bug#25005: 25.1; Support disabling bracketed paste mode.

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 10:59:50 +0100

>>>>> On Thu, 03 Feb 2022 21:42:26 +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> said:

    Lars> Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> "My crystal ball said you should remove (global-set-key (kbd "M-[")
    >> 'previous-multiframe-window) from your ~/.emacs. You might like to M-x
    >> report-emacs-bug and ask for global-set-key to complain when the key
    >> sequence conflicts with something in input-decode-map (as is the case
    >> here, because the byte sequence ESC [ (which corresponds to the M-[
    >> event) is used by text terminal as a prefix for encoding all kinds of
    >> special events)."

    Lars> This would be easy enough to do...  does anybody have any comments?

Hmm, so if I start emacs under a window system, where input-decode-map
doesnʼt contain ESC [, and then create a tty frame inside an xterm,
this would still fail, no? Or did you want the terminal setup to
complain if input-decode-map conflicts with a key binding as well?

And no doubt there are daemon use-cases to consider as well.

Robert
--