Subject: bug#24988: closed (Re: bug#24988: Guix requests substitute for non-substitutable package)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 08:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24988: Guix requests substitute for non-substitutable package

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24988: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24988
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24988: Guix requests substitute for non-substitutable package
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 10:56:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Guix requests a substitute for “texlive-texmf” even though it is marked
> as not substitutable.  This is a problem for many users because hydra
> does not offer a substitute for this package.  Users have to pass
> “--fallback” to make Guix build the package from source.
>
> Only the “texlive-texmf” package is marked as not substitutable.

I believe this was fixed in bdb59b331bac0dea4a75b055334313ddc7bfecc8.
Now I get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix package -e '(@@ (gnu packages tex) texlive-texmf)' -n
The following package would be installed:
   texlive-texmf        2016    /gnu/store/qnz85bcaw899rkv1bpgb0121ma5b9vzk-texlive-texmf-2016

substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations would be built:
   /gnu/store/dawkcdisqbkhcdh7jnvv4riyn776il1j-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/izfgalbxmalakjwqg3dv67g4cg6i5j2h-fonts-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/3g2j8m7kfbr49277007qivx01h2mm88d-texlive-texmf-2016.drv
   /gnu/store/37ghxb96mnjamid1vqgbmlllqqd6yl6k-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
   /gnu/store/2dqinwxwg5fanbcsnxlw5rh15pgzanps-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/5bmwih8gdncsdxlvv1fn2az3jy55s6w1-manual-database.drv
2105.2 MB would be downloaded:
   /gnu/store/459shrba10iz1g4wqkf4y2fyiravla6v-mkfontscale-1.1.2
   /gnu/store/g7lnq940sn01iiaj1pvm72r2c29pgbp4-mkfontdir-1.0.7
   /gnu/store/y3nhc5n2misr91ydp907s50irjcssdfv-texlive-20160523b-texmf.tar.xz
[...]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Ludo’.

Subject: Guix requests substitute for non-substitutable package
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 18:05:24 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Guix requests a substitute for “texlive-texmf” even though it is marked
as not substitutable.  This is a problem for many users because hydra
does not offer a substitute for this package.  Users have to pass
“--fallback” to make Guix build the package from source.

Only the “texlive-texmf” package is marked as not substitutable.

-- 
Ricardo