Subject: bug#24981: [Website] All pages fail the HTML validation test

From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 14:29:51 -0500

Steps to reproduce
==================

1. Go to https://validator.w3.org/
2. For each page in the website: validate by URI

Unexpected behavior
===================

All pages are marked as [Invalid]

Expected behavior
=================

All pages are marked as valid HTML 5 (Document checking completed. No 
errors or warnings to show.)

Additional information
======================

Most of the errors happen because of a missing Doctype declaration. It 
seems all pages built with Haunt have this problem, while the 
packages[1] and packages issues[2] pages, generated with a different 
mechanism, do include the document type.

There are other errors not related to the document type declaration in 
the packages-related pages.[1][2] Mostly, obsolete elements or 
attributes, and missing closing tags.

[1]: https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages
[2]: https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/issues.html

-- 
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/