Subject: bug#24970: closed (Re: bug#24970: 26.0.50; (void-function file-name-case-insensitive-p))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 03:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#24970: 26.0.50; (void-function file-name-case-insensitive-p)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24970: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24970
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24970: 26.0.50; (void-function file-name-case-insensitive-p)
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 05:29:13 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 16:35:59 -0500
> 
> make bootstrap fixed the problem.

Thanks, closing.

Subject: 26.0.50; (void-function file-name-case-insensitive-p)
From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 12:55:40 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

trying to rename a file in dired:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function file-name-case-insensitive-p)
  file-name-case-insensitive-p("/Users/sds/src/clear/algorithm/lib/getwit/11157-1479661083-out")
  dired-do-create-files(move dired-rename-file "Move" nil t "Rename")
  dired-do-rename(nil)
  funcall-interactively(dired-do-rename nil)
  call-interactively(dired-do-rename nil nil)
  command-execute(dired-do-rename)

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.10 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.1.0, NS appkit-1504.60 Version 10.12.1 (Build 16B2555))
 of 2016-11-12 built on clr-sds
Repository revision: 3958002f6f1469dbb60e58b8e28a13858c9800c6
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Recent messages:
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
user-error: No dynamic expansion for ‘casd-s’ found
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
No apropos matches for ‘case-sensitive-p’
Back to top level
Quit
Type C-x 4 C-o RET to restore the other window.  
You can run the command ‘apropos’ with C-h A
Entering debugger...
mouse-2: visit this file in other window

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/imagemagick/lib/pkgconfig/'

Configured features:
IMAGEMAGICK NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/sds/.emacs.d/elpa/scala-mode-20160902.525/ob-scala hides /Users/sds/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-scala

Features:
(shadow emacsbug apropos pulse pcmpl-unix ediff-merg ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff eww mm-url
pp rect ein-multilang ein-multilang-fontify org-src ob-comint ob-keys
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs ein-dev ein-notebooklist
ein-notebook ein-traceback ein-pytools ein-pager ein-completer
ein-subpackages ein-notification ein-scratchsheet ein-worksheet
ein-kill-ring ein-cell-output ein-cell-edit ein-cell ein-output-area
ein-kernelinfo ein-kernel ein-ipdb ein-query request ein-events
eieio-compat ein-websocket websocket bindat ein-contents-api ein-node
ein-log ein-core ein-utils cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine ein rot13 flow-fill make-mode cl-indent
log-view eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func rst
sgml-mode markdown-mode tramp-cmds cal-move cal-x view cal-china
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-julian holidays hol-loaddefs cal-iso cal-hebrew
lunar solar cal-dst appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs smerge-mode find-dired debug smtpmail bbdb-message
mailalias sendmail cookie1 nnir nndoc url-http url-gw url-auth url-queue
url-cache url url-proxy url-privacy url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
shr-color color shr svg xml dom smiley gnus-cite mm-archive gnus-bcklg
gnus-async gnus-dup qp mail-extr gnus-ml hl-line disp-table spam
spam-stat gnus-uu yenc nndraft nnmh gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mailcap utf-7 gnus-cache gnus-sum bbdb-gnus network-stream nsm
starttls nntp gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win sort skeleton url-expand url-util url-methods
misearch multi-isearch tramp-cache diff dired-aux vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc dabbrev flyspell ispell log-edit
message puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util time-stamp vc vc-dispatcher vc-hg add-log vc-git
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-eclim company-template company-css
company-nxml company-bbdb yasnippet flymake company help-fns radix-tree
elpy find-file-in-project ivy delsel ivy-overlay ffap diff-mode pyvenv
elpy-refactor derived edmacro kmacro grep files-x etags xref project
cus-edit python tramp-sh json map finder-inf info package warnings
midnight ein-loaddefs gnus nnheader subr-x gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb-loaddefs bbdb bbdb-site
timezone rcirc server which-func imenu url-handlers url-parse url-vars
paren help-at-pt desktop frameset cus-start cus-load ido seq ess-toolbar
ess-mouse mouseme thingatpt browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb
ess-noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l
ess-sas-a ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d
ess-dde ess-sp3-d ess-julia ess-r-d ess-r-syntax ess-r-completion
ess-roxy essddr noutline outline easy-mmode hideshow ess-help
ess-r-package ess-s-l ess ess-inf ess-tracebug compile tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring format-spec advice auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache ess-mode ess-noweb-mode ess-utils ess-generics ess-custom
executable easymenu ess-compat ess-site cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue
cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1213202 213468)
 (symbols 48 61612 4)
 (miscs 40 10359 2809)
 (strings 32 264740 14291)
 (string-bytes 1 9367395)
 (vectors 16 106721)
 (vector-slots 8 2509956 140361)
 (floats 8 2104 4510)
 (intervals 56 65982 341)
 (buffers 976 173))

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1504
http://steingoldpsychology.com http://www.childpsy.net
http://americancensorship.org http://think-israel.org http://camera.org
Perl: all stupidities of UNIX in one.