Subject: Re: bug#2497: 23.0.91; Fails to read UTF-8 on Win2k

From: Uwe Siart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:15:36 +0100

David Engster <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maybe this is a duplicate of what I reported in
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2354
>
> As I write later in that bug report, I think I could track down this
> issue to the change in revision 1.413 of src/coding.c. Maybe you could
> try if the same applies to your problem.

At least I can reproduce it and it seems to be the very same thing that
I stumbled across. But due to lack of detailed knowledge about coding
recognition I'm unable to join the discussion whether this is a bug or
not. It's just that I felt more comfortable about the previous state.

So far I got things back to work with

;; -*- coding:utf-8-dos; -*-

as the first line of my .gnus.el :-)

-- 
Uwe