Subject: 26.0.50; tex-terminate-paragraph not bound to C-j

From: Wouter Beek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 21:47:16 +0100

1. Open a buffer in LaTeX/P major mode.

  2. Run command ‘C-h k C-j’.  The help buffer shows that ‘C-j’ is bound
     to ‘reindent-then-newline-and-indent’.

  3. Run command ‘C-h m’.  The help buffer states that ‘C-j’ is bound to
     ‘tex-terminate-paragraph’.

Problem: ‘C-j’ is not bound to the mode-specific command that is
described in the mode documentation.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.9)
 of 2016-11-18 built on localhost.localdomain
Repository revision: 0d913da15c094bf596dd685acecf3438228c15cf
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Fedora release 24 (Twenty Four)

Recent messages:
Mark set
Auto-saving...done
Mark saved where search started
Making completion list... [2 times]
Contacting host: debbugs.gnu.org:443 [2 times]
You can run the command ‘debbugs-gnu-search’ with M-x -g-sea RET
Contacting host: debbugs.gnu.org:443
Contacting host: debbugs.gnu.org:80
Opening nndoc server on /tmp/gnus-temp-group-6116YQL-ephemeral...done
Mark saved where search started

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail sort smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async
gnus-bcklg qp gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp
gnus-ml gnus-msg disp-table nndoc gnus-cache gnus-dup mm-archive
network-stream starttls debbugs-gnu add-log debbugs soap-client url-http
url-auth url-gw nsm warnings rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp erc-list
erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track
erc-match erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc
erc-backend erc-compat pp flyspell ispell tex-font thingatpt jka-compr
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe help-fns radix-tree bibtex
texmathp dired-aux misearch multi-isearch cus-edit cus-start cus-load
vc-git diff-mode preview prv-emacs tex-bar tex-buf toolbar-x font-latex
latex tex-ispell tex-style tex dbus crm advice tex-mode compile shell
latexenc leuven-theme org-show edmacro kmacro animate ob-sparql
sparql-mode async ob-prolog prolog smie align org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs nnir meme imgur json map eww mm-url url-queue shr svg dom
browse-url cl google-contacts-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader subr-x gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils wid-edit google-contacts xml url-cache url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf mailcap url-util google-oauth ediprolog hl-line time mm-util
mail-prsvr finder-inf tex-site info package epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 764088 112201)
 (symbols 48 51948 0)
 (miscs 40 3220 1921)
 (strings 32 158970 35245)
 (string-bytes 1 4487818)
 (vectors 16 55761)
 (vector-slots 8 1634126 130516)
 (floats 8 4351 886)
 (intervals 56 33464 1003)
 (buffers 976 58)
 (heap 1024 106410 9451))