Subject: bug#2496: 23.0.60; scroll-preserve-screen-position bug

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:04:32 -0400

> Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 03:49:00 -0400
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> Can you please tell more details about the expected behavior and the
> actual one?  What exactly do you mean (in the original report) by
> "cursor position is not preserved"?  scroll-up scrolls the display
> such that the previous point generally goes out of the window, so
> Emacs _must_ adjust the cursor position (which shows where point is).
> And next-line moves cursor as expected, which again changes cursor
> position.
> 
> So I'm having hard time figuring out what is the problem you are
> complaining about.

I spotted something that could be the subject of your report, and it
certainly is a bug, if not _the_ bug: the column of the cursor
position is not preserved (it is off by one).

So I went ahead and fixed that bug.  Please try the latest development
version and see if it fixed your problem; then I will close the bug
report.  If the bug is still there, please do provide the details I
requested in my previous message.

Thanks.