Subject: bug#2496: 23.0.60; scroll-preserve-screen-position bug

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 03:49:00 -0400

> Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 12:49:44 +0900 (JST)
> From: "MATSUI N." <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > Does this bug still occur with a current Emacs?
> 
>   Yes. 

Can you please tell more details about the expected behavior and the
actual one?  What exactly do you mean (in the original report) by
"cursor position is not preserved"?  scroll-up scrolls the display
such that the previous point generally goes out of the window, so
Emacs _must_ adjust the cursor position (which shows where point is).
And next-line moves cursor as expected, which again changes cursor
position.

So I'm having hard time figuring out what is the problem you are
complaining about.

Thanks in advance.