Subject: Re: bug#24948: Illegible GRUB menu

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 08:34:21 -0800

Hi Leo,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On my Thinkpad x200s running GuixSD, the graphical GRUB menu is
> scrambled and illegible. I've attached a photograph of the problem.

I also have an x200 running GuixSD (with Libreboot).  I do not
experience this issue; the GRUB menu looks correct to me.

Are you using Libreboot with the GRUB payload?  If so, what version of
Libreboot [1]?  What version of GuixSD?  If you are using recent
versions and the issue is still happening, I wonder if perhaps your
hardware is different from mine.

For comparison, this is some of my video info (information obtained
using the 'lspci' program):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I am using Guix version "20161116.06".  I am using Libreboot version
"r20160907".

[1] https://libreboot.org/docs/index.html#version

-- 
Chris