Subject: Re: bug#24947: ssh not working with ido

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 12:39:41 +0100

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Colin,

>> I forgot to state the version of emacs and my os, sorry. The bug
>> occurs on emacs-26.0.50.1, not on emacs-25. My os is SMP Debian
>> 3.2.82-1 i686 GNU/Linux.

> I could reproduce the problem locally. There's no obvious fix; I'll
> continue to work on this next days.

I've bisected Emacs, and the following commit has been responsible for
the problem:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
cbed42838e44e54460a27e643858d34b53f74c99 is the first bad commit
commit cbed42838e44e54460a27e643858d34b53f74c99
Author: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sun Nov 13 22:00:24 2016 -0500

    Use the new 'file-name-case-insensitive-p' function
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I've committed a patch to master, which should fix it. Could you, pls, test?

Best regards, Michael.