Subject: bug#24946: closed (Re: bug#24946: 26.0.50; semantic/util-modes.el uses deprecated (and removed in git repo) symbol)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 18:38:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24946: 26.0.50; semantic/util-modes.el uses deprecated (and removed in git repo) symbol

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24946: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24946
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24946: 26.0.50; semantic/util-modes.el uses deprecated (and removed in git repo) symbol
From: Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Vladimir Lomov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 13:37:17 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 15/11/16 at 01:16pm, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> 
> > as topic states, cedet/semantic/util-modes.el uses symbol
> > 'default-header-line-format' (it checks if this symbol is bound by means
> > of 'boundp') but this symbol was removed in commit '73d47d22197'
> > (http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/lisp?id=73d47d22197175f08b2dd62e76d7138872e611d2).
> 
> Picking at random from items deleted in that commit, one quickly finds
> other problems, eg
> 
> emacs -Q -l feedmail
>    -> Symbol's value as variable is void: default-fill-column
> 
> Every item deleted should have been checked for usage.

They were, I just missed some. Thanks.

Subject: 26.0.50; semantic/util-modes.el uses deprecated (and removed in git repo) symbol
From: Vladimir Lomov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 21:16:00 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

as topic states, cedet/semantic/util-modes.el uses symbol
'default-header-line-format' (it checks if this symbol is bound by means
of 'boundp') but this symbol was removed in commit '73d47d22197'
(http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/lisp?id=73d47d22197175f08b2dd62e76d7138872e611d2). I
made small patch, tested it and it works well.

--- util-modes.el.orig	2016-11-15 20:24:36.182759749 +0800
+++ util-modes.el	2016-11-15 20:24:46.952711816 +0800
@@ -712,7 +712,7 @@
 	  ;; Disable minor mode if semantic stuff not available
 	  (setq semantic-stickyfunc-mode nil)
 	  (error "Buffer %s was not set up for parsing" (buffer-name)))
-	(unless (boundp 'default-header-line-format)
+	(unless (boundp 'header-line-format)
 	  ;; Disable if there are no header lines to use.
 	  (setq semantic-stickyfunc-mode nil)
 	  (error "Sticky Function mode requires Emacs"))

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.3)
 of 2016-11-15 built on smoon.vl-lomov.ru
Repository revision: 8663fad0a70e60e130ae4cd0529ead66fbad2250
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
Recent messages:
Loading paren...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.config/emacs/custom-prg.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.local/share/emacs/misc/vp-cc-style.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.local/share/emacs/misc/cyrillic-dvorak.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.config/emacs/spell-us.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.config/emacs/uniquify-us.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.config/emacs/ibuffer-us.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.config/emacs/ace-window-us.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.config/emacs/undo-tree-us.el (source)...done
When done with this frame, type C-x 5 0 [2 times]

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-gconf
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-decoration-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-breadcrumbs-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-completions-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-local-symbol-highlight-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-semantic-highlight-func-mode: t
  global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t
  global-semantic-highlight-edits-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-whitespace-newline-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  gdb-many-windows: t
  gdb-enable-debug: t
  gud-tooltip-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/vladimir/.config/emacs/custom hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/custom
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-publish hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-publish
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-eshell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-maxima hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-core hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-core
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-macro hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-macro
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-org hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-odt hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-odt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-element hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-element
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-pcomplete hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-docview hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-md hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-md
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-man hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-man
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-latex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-icalendar hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-html hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-html
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-beamer hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-ascii hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-shen hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-texinfo hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-scala hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scala
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-java hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-java
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-fortran hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lilypond hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-makefile hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-keys hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-io hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-io
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-awk hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-picolisp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-loaddefs hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-version hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-version
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-install

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug helm-mode semantic/tag-write
semantic/complete eieio-opt semantic/sb speedbar sb-image dframe
semantic/db-typecache semantic/tag-file vc-dispatcher vc-hg
semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files semantic/bovine/c
semantic/decorate/include hideif semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp
semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep semantic/bovine semantic/analyze/refs
semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref semantic/analyze semantic/sort
semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn hideshow disp-table winner
image-file server undo-tree diff ace-window avy quail company cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs cl helm-gtags subr-x which-func imenu helm-files rx image-dired
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete
format-spec dired-x dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen
helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info info bookmark pp
helm-locate helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source password-cache url-vars mailcap
helm-types helm-swoop helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils compile helm-help
helm helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib dired
dired-loaddefs helm-config helm-autoloads helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro
async-bytecomp advice async flyspell ispell semantic/mru-bookmark
semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base cl-seq semantic/decorate/mode
semantic/decorate pulse semantic/idle semantic/format ezimage
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt paren semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs mode-local find-func cedet savehist
ido whitespace gdb-mi bindat json map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
gud easy-mmode comint ansi-color ring time cus-start cus-load time-date
mule-util cyril-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 397077 18099)
 (symbols 48 38815 0)
 (miscs 40 163 279)
 (strings 32 72724 11906)
 (string-bytes 1 2433503)
 (vectors 16 61605)
 (vector-slots 8 985539 5808)
 (floats 8 695 190)
 (intervals 56 407 167)
 (buffers 976 16))