Subject: bug#24936: closed (Re: bug#24936: 26.0.50; tramp-mode (on FTP): tramp-file-name-for-operation: unknown file I/O primitive: file-name-case-insensitive-p)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 16:40:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24936: 26.0.50; tramp-mode (on FTP): tramp-file-name-for-operation: unknown file I/O primitive: file-name-case-insensitive-p

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24936: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24936
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24936: 26.0.50; tramp-mode (on FTP): tramp-file-name-for-operation: unknown file I/O primitive: file-name-case-insensitive-p
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked],José L. Doménech <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 11:39:02 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 11/13/2016 10:33 AM, Michael Albinus wrote:
> It should make Tramp quiet, yes. So you might commit it.

OK, I've pushed it and I am closing the bug.  José, please reopen if 
this doesn't fix the problem.

Ken

Subject: 26.0.50; tramp-mode (on FTP): tramp-file-name-for-operation: unknown file I/O primitive: file-name-case-insensitive-p
From: José L. Doménech<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 15:05:03 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To reproduce it:

1. Start Emacs:
emacs -Q

2. Open a dired view of a FTP remote directory:
C-x C-f
> /ftp:[email-masked]:/

3. Over a directory (/tmp seems a goog one) press:
C

4. Select a local directory as destination.

The message "tramp-file-name-for-operation: unknown file I/O primitive:
file-name-case-insensitive-p" appears.

I think this is due to a change in the last two days on master.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.36 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-11-13 built on jose-ThinkPad-Edge-E330
Repository revision: 2809012c8f9485d8dc54b186f989f289b2797892
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Linux Mint 18 Sarah

Recent messages:
Listing /ftp:[email-masked]:/storage/Music/NIRVANA/...done
Dired-Hide-Details mode enabled in current buffer
Making completion list... [2 times]
C-c C-g is undefined
tramp-file-name-for-operation: unknown file I/O primitive: file-name-case-insensitive-p
command-execute: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Doing CD...done
> ftp:[email-masked]:/storage/Music/NIRVANA/1993.09.21 - In Utero/...
> [email-masked]:/storage/Music/NIRVANA/1993.09.21 - In Utero/...done
Making completion list...

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs tramp-cache ange-ftp tramp-ftp
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete
comint ansi-color ring format-spec advice auth-source cl-seq eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
password-cache time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 228334 19669)
 (symbols 48 22213 0)
 (miscs 40 77 251)
 (strings 32 24704 5180)
 (string-bytes 1 801838)
 (vectors 16 38021)
 (vector-slots 8 713845 9875)
 (floats 8 243 239)
 (intervals 56 574 0)
 (buffers 976 18)
 (heap 1024 40512 1417))