Subject: Re: bug#24919: 24.5; battery.el not working in FreeBSD

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 04:26:13 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Joseph Mingrone <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I don't see any commits related to this bug/patch, but I just tested M-x
>> battery in an Emacs master branch build (604a985) on FreeBSD 12.0 and
>> the output looks correct.
>>
>> Here is some example output.
>>
>> Power connected, battery high (100% load, remaining time N/A)
>> Power disconnected, battery high (100% load, remaining time 4:21)
>> Power disconnected, battery high (99% load, remaining time 3:30)
>
> Thanks.  Does that mean that the patch is not necessary for FreeBSD?
>
> Is there anyone that could help test this also on OpenBSD?

I re-read the original report, and it seems like I misread: this was
*not* an issue on OpenBSD, and should therefore need no further
testing here.

Since Joseph has helped confirm that things are now working also on
FreeBSD, and no one else has commented in 3.5 weeks, I'll go ahead and
close this bug.

If anyone is still seeing issues with M-x battery on any *BSD system,
please reopen the bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas