Subject: Re: bug#24919: 24.5; battery.el not working in FreeBSD

From: Joseph Mingrone <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 17:16:26 -0300

Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:

> Joakim Jalap <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Ignacio Torres <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> Running M-x battery in FreeBSD returns:

>>> Power disconnected, battery high (illegal% load, remaining time 0:00)

>> Here's a patch witch makes it return something else :)

>> Unfortunately I can't tets it on an actual laptop atm, but I /think/ it
>> might work.

> Has anyone been able to test Joakim's patch?

I don't see any commits related to this bug/patch, but I just tested M-x
battery in an Emacs master branch build (604a985) on FreeBSD 12.0 and
the output looks correct.

Here is some example output.

Power connected, battery high (100% load, remaining time N/A)
Power disconnected, battery high (100% load, remaining time 4:21)
Power disconnected, battery high (99% load, remaining time 3:30)

Joseph