Subject: Re: bug#24914: 24.5; isearch-regexp: wrong error message

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 16:35:07 +0200

> From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 08:32:42 -0500
> 
> >> So changing to 2^31 as the max should be fine, right?
> >
> > Or maybe just INT_MAX?
> 
> I thought it would be easier to document the limit if it's fixed across
> all machines.  Otherwise we would have to say something like "For both
> forms, m and n, if specified, may be no larger than INT_MAX, which is
> usually 2**31 - 1, but could be 2**63 - 1 depending on the compiler used
> for building Emacs".

Isn't int 32 bit wide everywhere?

And anyway, since the bitmap is stored in an int, isn't INT_MAX TRT?

But I'm not a language expert enough to argue; feel free to use your
form if you think it's better.