Subject: Re: bug#24902: Antw: [EXT] Re: bug#24902: 25.1; C-x = for Unicode

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 10:59:04 +0100

>>>>> On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 18:46:55 +0200, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> said:

    >> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
    >> Thanks; I see.  This sounds very useful especially when debugging the
    >> Emacs display, but perhaps isn't what most users would feel is vital?
    >> (But I don't know one way or the other.)

    Eli> Those are my frequent use cases.

And mine.

    >> If we split this up into two commands, but added a user option to get
    >> the combined display back on `C-x =', would that be acceptable for you?
    >> (I'm not saying that I actually want that, but just exploring what our
    >> options are here; I don't have any strong feelings on the matter.)

    Eli> Why not put the 2 new commands on 2 other keys, and leave "C-x ="
    Eli> alone?

+1 on this. Itʼs not like the current 'C-x =' output is some
horrendous UI mistake that needs fixing.

Robert
--