Subject: Antw: [EXT] Re: bug#24902: 25.1; C‑x = for Unicode

From: "Ulrich Windl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 10:12:21 +0100

>>> Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> schrieb am 26.01.2022 um 18:02 in
Nachricht <[email-masked]>:
> 26 jan. 2022 kl. 14.48 skrev Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>:
> 
>> U+006F 'LATIN SMALL LETTER O' point=2938 of 2942 col=52
> 
> The single quotes are mostly noise; a comma after the name seems to work 
> just as well and is less intrusive (and shorter). The syntax "U+1234 NAME IN

> CAPS" is Unicode standard and the user is likely to have encountered it 
> before.

I don't know much about the Unicode standard, but in BabelPad (Windows
application) some character descriptions have an extra part separated with a
colon, like this:
"U+00B6 PILCROW SIGN : paragraph sign"

So maybe the quotes may be justified.

> 
> Here is an updated patch.