Subject: bug#24891: closed (Re: 25.1: Falsehood on page "Major Modes" of Emacs manual.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 21:28:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24891: 25.1: Falsehood on page "Major Modes" of Emacs manual.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24891: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24891
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 25.1: Falsehood on page "Major Modes" of Emacs manual.
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 21:26:41 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Bug fixed.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Subject: 25.1: Falsehood on page "Major Modes" of Emacs manual.
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 22:18:32 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, Emacs.

In the Emacs manual, page "Major Modes" appears the following:

    all programming language modes run `prog-mode-hook', prior to
    running their own mode hooks.

This is not true.  A counter example is stand alone CC Mode.  There will
be other examples, too, in code not maintained by Emacs.  I suggest
amending this sentence to something like:

    many programming language modes (including all these distributed
    with Emacs) run `prog-mode-hook', prior to runnuing their own mode
    hooks.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).