Subject: bug#24878: Most people can't read the attachments when I attach multiple messages to a message

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 01:11:39 +0100

Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]> writes:

> When I select multiple messages and forward them to someone, I
> invariably get a response from them that they didn't receive anything.
> Presumably this means either Gnus is doing something incorrect, or (more
> likely) approximately no other MUAs can read the correct thing Gnus is
> doing.  I've attached an example of a raw message I sent someone using
> Gnus, containing other messages.

I kinda doubt that Gnus is doing something wrong (JUST BECAUSE), but
there are some very nit-picky mail readers out there.  For instance, one
guy I know is unable to read attachments unless I include them as the
final element in the mail.

So my guess is that there's isn't really anything to be done here, other
than despair over other mail reader programmers...

Or Message could say (if you include attachments that are known not to
be vanilla) "it's somewhat likely that some mail readers can't read
this; send anyway?", but I'm not sure that's really helpful...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no