Subject: bug#24878: Most people can't read the attachments when I attach multiple messages to a message

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 07:53:06 -0800

Data point: Apple mail can forward as attachment if you ask it to. 

Sent from my moss-covered three-handled family gradunza

> On Jan 27, 2017, at 4:13 AM, Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> I would suggest that we provide an option that doesn't attempt to nest
>> the attached messages in a "digest" MIME part.  These other MUAs can all
>> handle email message attachments, but Gnus is making a very fancy
>> package of them that is (roughly speaking) only compatible with Gnus
>> itself.  I even think the more widely-readable attachment format should
>> be the default.
> 
> Yes...  In the multiple-forwarded-message-case, Gnus could just append
> them all separately as attachments without making a digest out of them.
> But I don't know whether common mail readers would balk at that format,
> too -- other mail readers don't seem to use MIME at all when forwarding
> messages. 
> 
> Anybody else have an opinion/experience here?
> 
> -- 
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no