Subject: Re: bug#24870: 26.0.50; parse-partial-sexp ignores comment-end

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 20:12:32 +0000

Hello, Noam.

Sorry this is very late, but better that than not at all.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 21:07:49 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> [email-masked] writes:

> > Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> >> (ii) In `parse-partial-sexp-continue-over-comment-marker', variable aftC
> >> is the position in the middle of the comment closer "*/".  I don't think
> >> you are testing in any way that element 10 (nil, or the syntax of the
> >> position just before the end point when that position might be the first
> >> character of a two-character construct, i.e. an escape or first char of a
> >> double-char comment delimiter) is correct.

> > My idea was that its effect would be tested by using pps-preC as
> > OLDSTATE, which avoids having to encode the specifics in the test.  I
> > added another clause which uses pps-aftC to cover parsing from the
> > middle of a comment closer as well as opener.

> Ping?  Agree/Disagree?

I've just had another fairly intensive look at the patches, and I agree.

I think it's time to commit these.  What do you say?

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).