Subject: tail error

From: Naeem Essop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 17:19:24 +0200

Hello

I've received the below error using the tail command :

tail: unrecognized file system type 0x53464846 for '/var/log/lastlog'.
please report this to [email-masked]. reverting to polling

I was attempting to tail -F /var/log/lastlog, I am using the below distro :

Linux NAEEM-PC 3.4.0+ #1 PREEMPT Thu Aug 1 17:06:05 CST 2013 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux

Running Ubuntu on Microsoft Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux (beta)

Kind Regards,

Naeem Essop

Proprietor | IT Sales and Contracting | Youth Empowerment in IT co.

1 High Road, Bramley, Johannesburg 2018

t +27 (0)11 440 0290   c +27 (0)82 961 8229  @
<mailto:[email-masked]> mailto:[email-masked] 

Website: yeittech.co.za

 

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - At YEIT co we are committed to minimizing
environmental impact and encourage the preservation of natural capital.