Subject: bug#24852: closed (Re: bug#24852: guile --listen=/path/to/socket: "ERROR: In procedure select: Interrupted system call")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 21:15:03 +0000

Your bug report

#24852: guile --listen=/path/to/socket: "ERROR: In procedure select: Interrupted system call"

which was filed against the guile package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24852: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24852
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24852: guile --listen=/path/to/socket: "ERROR: In procedure select: Interrupted system call"
From: Christopher Allan Webber <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 16:14:18 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Well, I was wrong.  For some reason this stopped working for me over the
last couple of days, but it doesn't seem to be Guile master that's at
fault.  I'm having the same trouble with Guile 2.0.

Not sure how this started happening or why it's happening though...

Subject: guile --listen=/path/to/socket: "ERROR: In procedure select: Interrupted system call"
From: Christopher Allan Webber <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 14:34:51 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Build Guile master, then do:

  ./meta/guile --listen=/tmp/guile-socket

Connect from emacs like so:

  M-x guile-connect-local

You'll connect, but if you look at the shell you spawned Guile in,
you'll see:

  ERROR: In procedure select: Interrupted system call

You'll also find that where you would expect to have a working REPL,
it's now blocked, and does not appear to become unblocked even after
exiting the connected REPL.  You also won't be able to spawn a second
REPL via `guile-connect-local'.

This doesn't happen in Guile's 2.0.X stable releases, only in latest
master afaict.

I wonder if it has something to do with recent changes in the way ports
suspend?