Subject: bug#24849: Is Emacs put in idle mode when window is not focused?

From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 13:44:43 -0700

On 11/01/2016 01:41 PM, Johan Andersson wrote:
  >> Please start your reply below the text to which you're replying.
>
> Ok, then I guess that's default in Gmail. This better?

Yep. But please also trim your replies, as I have done.

>> ... Internal buffering is a common cause of complaints about parent
> processes not seeing output from children.
>
> I understand that, but that's not my issue here. The sub process might
> not have any output at all, but I would still expect that sub process to
> respond to my requests.

Ah, I see. I think I've misunderstood. The problem isn't that Emacs 
isn't responding to the subprocess saying something to Emacs, but that 
the subprocess _itself_ isn't responding quickly to requests it's 
getting over the network, and that this stalling occurs only when your 
subprocess is run under Emacs? We shouldn't be seeing this issue either: 
Emacs subprocesses do not run in some weird environment.

I still think a system call trace will help clear up this problem.