Subject: bug#24849: Is Emacs put in idle mode when window is not focused?

From: Johan Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 09:44:20 +0100

Hello,

I have written an Emacs package called Prodigy (
https://github.com/rejeep/prodigy.el/). The package is used to manage
external services from within Emacs. A service is some kind of running
process, usually a web server or database.

There has always been an issue that I have not investigated further. It
seems that after a while, if Emacs is not focused, it ends up in some idle
mode. The effect is that requests are very slow, almost hangs for a few
seconds. If I focus the Emacs window, the request goes through immediately.

The reason I'm asking about it now is that this has gotten even worse in
Emacs 25.

My question is if anyone knows what this is about and if it's possible to
solve?

Thanks!

-- 
Johan Andersson
System Developer, Burt
www.burtcorp.com
Cell: +46 761 041607
https:// <http://twitter.com/rejeep>github.com/rejeep |
http://twitter.com/rejeep | http://twitter.com/burtcorp