Subject: Re: bug#24833: Hydra ignores MIPS-specific patch for Mesa on core-updates

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 11:29:33 +0100

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
>> Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:
>>
>>> Commit f1267c872fcaed6c53d43b3ff51abb726f7418d6 on core-updates added a
>>> patch to Mesa on MIPS only, in order to prevent unnecessary rebuilds on
>>> other systems.  'guix' running on a MIPS system generates a derivation
>>> that applies the patch, but the derivation generated for MIPS on Hydra
>>> omits the patch.
>>
>> Did it turn out to be the same issue as <http://bugs.gnu.org/24833>, or
>> is it something entirely different?
>
> Bug 24833 is this bug, so yes, by reflexivity it's the same issue, but I
> suspect that's not what you meant to ask :)

Arf, sorry, I meant to ask if this is related to
<https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24832>.

Commit f1267c872fcaed6c53d43b3ff51abb726f7418d6 doesn’t have the desired
effect: the ‘patches’ field is voluntarily unthunked, so it gets to see
the ‘%current-system’ value that it gets when gl.scm is loaded, hence
the problem we’re experiencing.

This is fixed in 4c93fe83e89473b2d16b93900c87e0da0ceecd6e by making the
patch an input depending on ‘%current-system’, within an ‘inputs’ field.

Thanks!

Ludo’.