Subject: bug#24829: 24.5; `easy-mmode-define-navigation': rename `define-...', per convention

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 14:50:50 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> Macro `easy-mmode-define-navigation' apparently defines Emacs commands
> (functions).  Per the Emacs Lisp coding conventions, its seems that the
> macro should be renamed.
>
>>>From (elisp `Coding Conventions':
>
>   Constructs that define a function or variable should be macros, not
>   functions, and their names should start with `define-'.  The macro
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>   should receive the name to be defined as the first argument.  That
>   will help various tools find the definition automatically.  Avoid
>   constructing the names in the macro itself, since that would
>   confuse these tools.

I'm not sure how much of an edict that's supposed to be.

easy-mmode has other functions/macros using the same naming convention
(like easy-mmode-define-syntax), but those don't define functions, of
course.

We could change easy-mmode-define-navigation to, say,
`define-easy-mmode-navigation', but I'm not sure that would be a net
win, confusion wise.  Anybody have an opinion here?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no